The Campaign is pleased to announce that two former Charlotte Mayors have endorsed Martha Efird for Clerk of Court - Eddie Knox and Richard Vinroot. Both are practicing attorneys in Mecklenburg County. These endorsement add to a long line of experienced public officials to endorse Martha, among them:
- Martha H. Curran, retiring Clerk of Superior Court
- Dan Bishop, former County Commissioenr
- Tim Sellers, former City Council Member
- Judy Gibson, former Register of Deeds
- Jacqueline Schaffer, NC House of Representatives District 105 (South Charlotte)
In addition, we have previously announced that 8 FORMER Assistant Clerks of Court have endorsed Martha, and TWO former Bar Presidents (Robert C. Dortch, Bob Henderson).
Thank you to those officials listed above, and to everyone else who is lending support to this campaign!
I’ve long described the Clerk’s office as the 'heart' of the courthouse. The Clerk has so many constituents: the citizenry but also the Bar, the judiciary, and other courthouse departments. My history has given me the perspectives necessary to help serve each of those constituents, and my experience will allow me to hit the ground running so that 'heart' doesn’t skip a beat.